10. Travel book – small loose-leaf binder with all confirmations, placed in order, as you’ll need them. Place each reservation in a plastic sleeve. Car service to take you to the airport would come first, followed by flight reservations, hotel confirmation, excursion confirmations etc. You have everything you need at your fingertips. It is also a good idea to have a color copy of your passport ID page, and credit cards you plan to use, both front and back, and driver license, just in case you lose any of these items.
9. Germ-free wipes (traveler’s toilet paper) and hand sanitizer – Use on airline tray table, seat belt buckle, and arm rests. According to the CDC, these areas are more germ-infested than toilets!
8. Water shoes and rain jacket – Don’t let a rainy day ruin your cruise or your clothes. The water shoes will be for in the ocean where coral or rocks could slice your foot.
7. Suntan lotion, sunglasses and sun hat - You do not want to have to buy either of these items on the ship. The prices are higher than most places. The tropical sun carries more danger of sunburn than normal.
6. Swimwear, cover up, formal clothes- also bring wrinkle release (no irons are allowed)
5. Dollar bills – you can use the bills to do tipping of porters and room service
4. Lanyard – holds your key card and you can put cash in it for incidentals.
3. Power Strip – cruise ships have limited outlets.
2. Medical - Bonine/sea bands/First Aid Kit/Daily Medicine – Take the Bonine prior to leaving home to make certain you have no adverse reaction. Take dose 2-3 hours prior to sailing. Repeat dose each day of the cruise. If you wait until you need it, it will be too late. Please consult your doctor before taking any medication. Sea bands are also an option.
1. Passport – Don’t leave home without it.
Carol Cooper is an independent contractor for Fairytale Adventures Travel Agency. Carol specializes in Carnival Cruises, Sandals, and Beaches vacations for couples, families, and multigenerational families. You can reach Carol on her Facebook page Dream Travel Adventures or at Carol@Fairytaleadv.com.